Larry Jaques

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:24:13 -0400, "Garey"
calmly ranted:

Social Security

When I went to the social security office to apply
for Social Security,
the woman behind the counter asked me for my driver's
license to verify my age.
I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my
wallet at home. I told the woman that I was very sorry but I seemed to
have left my wallet at home
and would have to come back later.
The woman says, "Unbutton your shirt."
So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver
hair.
She says, "That silver hair on your chest is proof
enough for me," and she
processed my Social Security application.
When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my
experience at the social security office.
She says, "You should have dropped your pants. You might
have gotten disability too."

Goodun. I'll see you and raise you one from today's email:

--snip--
Working people frequently ask retired folks what they do to make their
days interesting...

I went to the store the other day. I was in there for only about five
minutes. When I came out there was a city cop writing out a parking
ticket.

I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy, how about giving a senior
a break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.

I called him a name. He glared at me and started writing another
ticket for having worn tires.

So I called him a worse name. He finished the second ticket and put it
on the windshield with the first.

Then he started writing a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him the more
tickets he wrote.

I didn't care. My car was parked around the corner and this one had a
"Kerry-Edwards" bumper sticker on it.

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired.

It's important at our age.
--snip--

Murphy was an Optimist