Phil Hansen

In article , tfk3160
@comcast.net says...
I have made a few table tops using butt joints mainly. I usually only
glue up 2 boards at a time so if I need a total of 4 boards this takes
3 gluing operations. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not a
biscuit joiner allows you to keep the boards stable and their tops
level during a glue up. My goal is to increase the number of boards I
can glue at once and reduce the time it takes to level the seams out.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Came into this a bit late. Lots of good advice / opinions. I use a T&G
bit in a router table. Provided all boards are the exact same thickness
it works well. Much better than the results I got from biscuits and butt
joints.

--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions