mac davis

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:23:32 -0500, "Todd Fatheree"
wrote:

That's like saying that 3/4" cherry plywood is the same as solid 3/4"
cherry. Because they serve a similar purpose doesn't mean they're
equivalent. I guess the difference to me is the fact that the biscuit or
plywood is an engineered material. Heck, maybe unless I'm using hide glue
(which I don't), I'm not being consistent on some level.

todd

I would have to say that woodworking is an art, not a science.... and
how you approach your at is a very individual thing, which I think
that it needs to be to be creative...

I have a friend that does very good work, who refuses to call anything
that isn't finished with hand rubbed oil furniture... he isn't wrong
or right, just doing his thing..

I bought a biscuit jointer because even with a drill press and dowel
points, my joints always need a bit of alignment and sanding... the
biscuit seems to minimize the problem for me, so I use it...

that's why they make paint in all those different colors, so everyone
can have one they like.. *g*

Mac