Todd Fatheree

"Al Reid" wrote in message
news:ssK4d.7187$sa.4048@trndny05...

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message

To each his own. Maybe my bar for "fine furniture" is set too high.

todd

Obviously. Modern construction techniques and materials does not equate

Wal-Mart furniture.

--
Al Reid

Well, that's your opinion, of course. And there's a lot of ground between
Wal-Mart furniture and "fine-quality" furniture, at least in my mind. For
some reason, there's something intrinsically lame about biscuits in my mind
when applied to a piece of furniture that I expect to last well beyond my
lifetime. And this isn't because I've never used them, because I have. I
have a very serviceable Dewalt biscuit jointer that I've used in the past
and intend to use in the future on the right projects. I just try to avoid
them on something I hope will be an heirloom someday. Oh, well...I'm
certainly not in any position to criticize what other people use, so I'll
just do my thing and other people will do theirs. Certainly not as
important as keeping the distinguished gentleman from Massachusetts out of
the White House.

todd