MarkM

Default Internal fire doors / slamming ! & Shower problems

(Nick) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

I've recently purchased and moved into a new flat (built 1999), and am
looking for some advice on some DIY to smooth out a few issues.

It is in a block of about 10 others, and they are all built of light
(?) brick with plasterboard walls - making it a bit of a cardboard
castle.

All the doors are fire doors with those chains between the frame &
door (hinge side) to automatically close.

Thing is - whenever a door closes in the flat, it shakes the whole
flat and the neighbours.

Even if you close it yourself, the frames tend to shake the walls!

Is there any way to cushion these doors? They're a tight fit against
the frame, so rubber insulation won't let them close.

Try reducing the spring pressure on the door closer - I think you can
'unwind' the tension - so that it still closes but not so quickly. On
our house I also added some very small self adhesive rubber feet (as
sometimes supplied with kitchen units and the like to stop doors
banging).