IMM

Default Oxyvent for Underfloor Heating

"Matt" wrote in message
m...

Has anyone heard or had experience of Oxyvent in Ireland?
The founder got a silver medal at the International Exhibition of
Inventions in Geneva for this invention.
They went into production in 2002 but as far as I know only have
installations in Ireland at present.
For underfloor heating, the device instantly balances the system ,
i.e. the water enters the floor at almost the same temperature as the
floor and increases gradually, the water is allowed to move freely and
quickly through the floors due to the fact that the air has been
removed and the flow rate increased by 66%. Because the air is
removed, if you have the narrow plastic pipe system for underfloor
heating this solves the problem of any clogging up occurring.
Web site: www.oxyvent.com

It appears a large manifold and air separator. Having won the award I would
take the device seriously, as it indicates that people have tested it and it
does roughly what they say it does. I hope they tested it! Was this a
recognised and respected organisation that gave the award? Are there any
independent tests though? I assume the box is available on the Continent
being made in Holland. The claims of 50% less fuel used appear wild, so
independent tests are required.

Briefly looking at the web site I fail to see how this box does what they
say. I separates air as it is a large air separator, but the rest?

If it does what they say, this device could be incorporated inside a boiler
casing.

Sceptical.

---