Todd Fatheree

"Al Reid" wrote in message
"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote in message

As a new convert to biscuit joiners, I'd say that it's the easiest
system I've used,short of drilling and inserting a threaded rod into
them...
Faster, stronger and easier than butt joints and very easy to "mass
produce" the biscuit cuts in all the boards at once to either insure
good alignment (in the case of the experts here) or an interesting
stagger effect for folks like me.. *g*

One thing for sure.. I don't think my dowel points will get much use
now that I have the biscuit jointer.. YMMV

Mac

Is there anyone besides me that has a philosophical problem with using
biscuits? To me, having biscuits in a piece of "fine furniture" is like
using plywood for the top. Don't get me wrong...I'm no master craftsman
(yet). But there's just something wrong in my mind with using pressed

wood
as part of the construction. I know that no one will ever see it or

even
know about it unless I tell them, but I'll know. If I needed to

increase
the strength and/or help with alignment, I guess I'd be inclined to use

cross-grain spline.

todd

No problem at all, philosophical or otherwise. My brother has been making

"Fine Furniture" for a living for over 20 years, He
swears by biscuits. If they're good enough for him, they're good enough

for me.

--
Al Reid

To each his own. Maybe my bar for "fine furniture" is set too high.

todd