Rick Chamberlain

In article ,
says...
I would like to see what you did...

By your description, it sounds like a welder was involved ???

How did you construct the lexan box ???

If you can do them that cheap, you might want to look into
going into the business.

Pat,

Yes, I welded the main upright and overarms using square box channel.
But I could have just as easily drilled holes and bolted it together.
The guard is adjustable left to right (allowing for narrow rips if
desired) by using a smaller box channel sliding inside the larger
overarm.

The Lexan was easy - got a number of off cuts from the local plastics
house and used polycarb adhesive. Stuff works great. I took a hose
adapter for a DC system and glued it to the top of the Lexan box.

I've seen people screw the Lexan together instead so they can replace a
broken piece, but the way I see it, if Lexan breaks, it shatters. And
if that happens, I most likely have a blade that exploded or a bad
kickback. In either case, I'll be taking a vacation afterward and will
replace the entire assembly with something stronger... :-)

If I thought I could make a jig and found enough interest, I'd probably
do it on the side. Fabbing the material is pretty easy - lots of
straight cuts and stitch welds. Shipping the welded unit would be
tough, so I'd probably have to bolt the overarm and uprights instead.
And then, I'd have to decide on a paint color. :-)

Rick