anthony james

Default Kitchen Cabinet Quality Differences

The Natural Philosopher wrote in message ...

Ive used magnet and arena, and hygena QA. Hygena best of budget, areana
top line of packflats IMHO.
Wouldn't touch Magnet ever again.

Any particular reason? Our 5 year old Magnet kitchen still looked
really good but they've since dropped the 'welded' plastic corners on
the cabinets that made them really strong. I've always hated their
sales pitch with a continuous 50% sale and rip off prices for
essential small parts like end panels and plinths.

We're now looking at Arena (www.arena-kitchens.co.uk) after some
friends used them. As a brief summary the carcasses appear better
made being colour co-ordinated inside and out with solid tops and
backs. There's a large choice of doors, pricing is consistent (3m
plinths are c£25 rather the c£90 at magnet) and even the 'luxury'
internal fittings appear reasonably priced. Some rough calculations
last night made them about 75% of an equivalent Magnet kitchen for the
units. However, I hadn't yet haggled or got the freebie dishwasher
from Magnet so the difference is probably down to a few hundred but
for better quality.

Is this the same company you're talking of - all the units are built
rather than packflat.

The actual manufacturers of the Arena kitchens appear to be Mereway
and Multiwood.

AJ