Phisherman

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:01:13 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

Last week at my woodworker's club one of the relatively new members asked me
about finishing a cutting board he made out of walnut. My reaction was that
that was a poor choice of wood for a cutting board--adds some "flavor"
perhaps. However, with a finish on it would be OK for a serving board for
things like bread as long as no cutting was done on it...

It seems his daughter wants a cutting board made out of "dark wood." Off
hand I couldn't think any "dark wood" that would be appropriate for a
cutting board. Any suggestions? Did I overreact?

Thanks,

John

Walnut is fine for a cutting board. Made in combination with a light
wood makes a rather striking cutting board.