Christian McArdle

Default Slate floor products

Stonell are in Paddock Wood in Kent -not a great distance from the
motorway.

They've got a "Stone Centre" near Wantage. I wonder if collections could be
made from there, rather than having to troop round to Kent? Not that I have
any problem with long drives.

What stone did you go for? Looking at the website, Indian Summer and Bamboo
look about right.

I needed more than 50sqm so this was a delivery job anyway.

10sqm shouldn't be too much of a problem, though? That's only a little over
100 tiles.

It's important to avoid significant steps at tile edges (it's a trip
hazard) but you will get small variations across the surface as a
result of the cleaving. These should be no more than 2-3mm on a given
tile.

I saw the ones in B&Q. They looked fantastic, but probably were just a bit
too rough for trip hazard reasons. I'd like to have a few bumps, though. The
more impurities the better. I want streaks of red and completely random
surfaces.

The main issue when laying is going to be removing the appliances from the
kitchen when I do it. I should probably wait for a nice dry period and stick
them outside. I will probably floor under where the integrated appliances
are to make for easier installation/removal.

Christian.