IMM

Default Central heating Q

"David" wrote in message
om...
"Christian McArdle" wrote in message

.net...
Building regs require that you have a room thermostat and at least
TRV's on all radiators in sleeping areas (of course you can have
more).

Some quotes of Approved Document L1:

1.38

Temperature control could be effected by room thermostats and/or
thermostatic radiator valves or any other suitable temperature sensing
devices, together
with appropriate control devices.

1.41 (b)
Where it is proposed to effect control by thermostatic radiator valves,

room thermostat (or other device such as a flow switch) should also be
provided to switch off the boiler when there is no demand for heating or

hot
water.

Christian.

Gotcha. Mis-read the documentation I had (slightly) - my source
didn't have the line on 'flow switch'. I stand corrected, and promise
to check the source document in future and not something second hand.

Now I have a question - Maybe not in the regs, but I thought it was
considered 'best practice' to have the mix I went for - TRV's in some
places, and a room thermostat for overall control (along with a
conventional timer). And preferably a programmable stat. I just
can't find the reference for that information ATM.

The best is what I explained. Individual control in all rooms and a flow
switch to act the "interlock". The regs state "or other device such as a
flow switch". "Any other device" are the key words.

---