Andrew Gabriel

Default Kitchen Lights help please

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
Colin wrote:
Regardless of cost, to use 750W to light one room is *obscene*.

After looking at the numbers I must admit that I am also starting to agree
with you...

Its about what a big room takes, sadly. On incandescents.

It's more about misusing task lights for general lighting.
Using appropriate incandescent luminares for providing general
lighting would knock the figure down considerably. Downlighters
are not for general lighting, so unsurprisingly they are very
inefficient if you try to misuse them that way.

They're also very good for puncturing holes in your previously
fire resistant ceiling, and as an added bonus, each has the power
and heat available to behave as an incendiary device given the
opportunity, and their excellent positioning in a brech of the
firebreak.

--
Andrew Gabriel