Jake

snip
No offense intended, but the quote above and the rest of this post is
a complete load of crap, sorry, and is exactly the kind of
obfuscation that is going to lose the election for Kerry. Kerry and
practically everybody else gave the president the authority to act.
The rest is splitting hairs and political maneuvering. Anybody who
is really watching can see that Kerry's position on the war is
complely, exclusively driven by the polls.

I find it repulsive that an intelligent, educated person could argue
that 1000's of people dying is "splitting hairs".

I came into this thread late and have read it from the beginning,
and you know what? The dogmatism exhibited here is just mind bending.
Those of you that think the "left" is "weak" or that the "right" is
"stupid", "Bush is a liar" or "Kerry flip/flops" - you're all
missing it. Instead of spending time spouting your uninformed
opinions to those who neither hear nor listen, try educating
yourselves on what's really going on in this country. It's not
hard, it just takes a little effort. Draw your ownconclusions but
please do it from an informed basis.

Have I offended anyone? I don't care. Why? Because the only
real question we as citizens should be asking is:
"Are we willing to send our sons and daughters to die in a far away
place when we can't even agree on why they're there?"

As long as we're discussing the pros/cons of Kerry's hair style
or whether Bush got a prostate exam when he was s'posed to, we're
not discussing the real issues.

Now, excuse me but I have some wood to split, looks to be a
long, cold and expensive winter.

(Oh, and while I'm offending people - CW, quit top posting.)