Andy Jeffries

Default Power sockets in brick shed

I currently have a fused spur from the kitchen ring (cooker is on separate
connection) to a brick shed. We currently have two fridge/freezers in
there and a tumble dryer.

I also plug power tools in and everything is fine.

What I want to know is can I replace the single socket in the shed with 4
sockets. I am not going to be using any more than I already do, it's just
for convenience (converting it to a woodworking workshop, so it would be
nice to have power sockets for my power tools, but I'll only be using one
at a time).

As it's on a fused spur I guess it would be OK as the fuse will protect
the total of the shed's usage to 13A and therefore all cables are
protected.

Am I right?

If anyone suggests running a separate ring from the consumer box please
clarify whether I NEED to do it or if it would be NEATER. The consumer
box is all the way through the kitchen and my study, so I'd rather not do
this unless I have to.

Thanks,

Andy