Doug Miller

In article KlX3d.2980$Ec4.507@trndny04, wrote:

But I suppose "Build nuke plants and tell the Saudis to drink their damn
oil" makes me a dangerous reactionary or something.

Although it's a good first step, nuke plants alone won't do it. The most
important step in ending our dependence on Middle East oil is to find an
alternative to the internal combustion engine for powering our personal
transportation. It's an inherently inefficient technology that makes poor use
of the chemical energy in gasoline, wasting most of it as heat. Until that
happens -- which will take a *long* time, given that there are a couple
hundred million cars in the US -- we're stuck with buying oil from the
buggers.

--
Regards,