Andrew Barss

Default Overhead TS blade guard mounting question

I'm planning to build a variant of the Brett overhead blade guard for my
Jet X-acta saw. It'll have a locking Lexan box which will be movable
both horizontally (perpendicular to the blade) and vertically.

I've seen a number of web pages detailing how to build one, but have not
seen one detail specified: how does the guard get mounted to the saw?
It seems that mounting to the extension table, and/or the rear fence rail,
would induce some distortion that might affect the fence (fence rides on
front rail; front rail and back rail are both bolted to the extension
table; mounting a heavy cantilevered guard to the back rail would twist
the whole shebang).

If anyone has built one (or owns the actual commercial Brett guiard) I'd
appreciated hearing about how you mounted the guard.

Thanks,

Andy Barss