Edwin Pawlowski

"sr_wood" wrote in message
om...
I've taken a few woodworking classes in the last couple of years from
a local gentleman. My instructor has been teaching for at least twenty
years. He was talking about purchasing a floor model drill press, the
ones that run around $400.00, compared to a table top model. His word
about the 400 dollar floor model was that they were "Cacka" (SP) You'd
be better off with the table top one. Now... I have a floor model and
I haven't had any problems at all with it.

Depends on what you compare it to. Many of the modest priced drill presses
don't have the tolerances required for a machinist. It could be just fine
for poking a hole for a shelf pin or cabinet knob though. You can't
compare a $300 Ridgid with an old Walker Turner.