Leuf

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:00:43 GMT, "MPost"
wrote:

I am looking for a relatively basic drill press to enable me to drill
straight holes in wood and to use as a mortising machine. Nothing too fancy.
I saw the Ryobi DP101 at Home Depot for $99...anyone have any experience
with it?

I think that's the one we have, I'd have to double check the model
number. It vibrates like crazy, with so much noise that you'll want
ear protection. The clamp in the back to lock the table doesn't
actually lock the table, I have to put a C clamp on it to get it tight
enough. There is a plate in the back that gets in the way of sliding
the motor in to slacken the belts, making it a pain to change speeds.
Mortising, I doubt it.

But it does drill straight holes in wood.

-Leuf