Mike Marlow

"David" wrote in message
I agree completely with your comments, Mike. I've pressed the
distributor on more than one occasion about skipping sanding. So far,
they won't budge. Personally, I think that one could get by without
sanding if they re-coat at the proper time interval. However, since I'm
counting on them being more familiar with their product's requirements
than I am, I wouldn't take it upon myself to suggest to others that they
deviate from the proscribed schedule.

Another course of action might be for the OP to devote additional time
to testing various methods of application to see what seems to work
well. The only fly in the ointment being that finish failures may not
manifest themselves upon immediate observation.

David

Agreed. When it comes to finishes today, I stick to what the manufacturer
says. Sometimes you can get additional information out of them and
sometimes you can't - as in this case. So - I'd be doing the extra sanding.
Nah... I'd probably try a couple of test pieces so that the next time I
could do it my way...
--

-Mike-