N. Thornton

Default Kitchen Lights help please

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On 27 Jan 2004 10:27:56 -0800, (N. Thornton) wrote:

Even with all of this trouble, they still look clinical.

I honestly think thats a myth born from the way people mostly use them
- that is what makes them clinical. I have done some very warm moody
fl setups, and people didnt believe it when I told them it was all
fluorescent. A light can be any way you want it. Once you're using the
right tubes (not daylights, I like 3500K best) and installing them the
right way, then you can play and get what you want. The problem with
fls is not fls themselves, it is the culture that has grown up around
them, plus the now antique cold white tubes, which are just plain
orrid. The problem is they can be done so badly.

I use daylight fittings with electronic ballasts in my workshop
because I want good light intensity and the spectrum is appropriate.

I am far from convinced that fluorescents used in a kitchen to the
exclusion of incandescent lighting can cover the complete range of
requirements and moods.

of course, I've yet to meet anyone who believes it till theyve seen
it. Its like telling someone eggs taste good when all they've ever
seen is stinking rotten eggs. I'll just agree to differ.

Regards, NT