The Natural Philosopher

Default Halogen Lighting in Bathroom

IMM wrote:

Ian Clarke wrote:

If I install some recessed lighting is it
possible to make it dimmable ? I'm
assuming a normal dimmer in a
bathroom is a bad idea due to the risk of
electric shock with all the moisture about
etc. ?

IMM has talked about remore control dimmers.

He did.

Obviously read some
marketing bollox as usual -

He never.

Wrong as usual. I saw it on one of those house/DIY TV shows, a TV type
remote control. I thought, "now neat", lay in the batn and dim the lights.
Then I thought it will end up behind the sofa with other 15 remotes.

Ok, correction. WATCHED some marketing bollox

but modern practice is to have the light
switch outsdie the rooom anyway:

Go away? It isn't is it? I thought they had pull cords.

---