Stephen M

Wow, I can see why some people don't like benchtop models.

I have a benchtop model which has served me well for a decade. The check to
table distance with the table in it's lowest position is well over a foot

I guess that means just don't buy a tiny benchtop model.

I have only said "gee, I wish I had a floor model" a few times. I consider
that pretty good. I wish I had better than 3" cutting depth on my cabinet
saw a few times too. Does that mean I should get a 12 or 14" table saw?

I think not.

-Steve

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
I have a bench top model but it did not take long to realize its
limitation. The biggest problem with the bench top model is the height
of throat. (The maximum distance from the chuck to the table. )

With my bench top it is difficult to drill into the 2 inch side of a
2X4, and then it can only be done with some bits and with the table
pushed aside and using the base as a table.