Fred the Red Shirt

Fly-by-Night CC wrote in message ...

Have you examined how many recent past Republican prez's would approve
of today's admin and party? Eisenhower with his parting words warning of
the military industrial compex? Nixon had is foibles, but he certainly
believed in strengthening foreign relations.

In those days the Republicans were moderates and the Democrats were
liberals (sort of). Well, if you go back to the Eisenhower era the
Democrats were either liberals or Dixiecrats, who were only Democrats
because they were still ****ed at the Repubicans from back in the
Civil War days and because the KKK never made it as a political party.

Do you think Reagan would
be cheering the decisions of today?

After the downfall of Nixon the Republicans party became conservative
(sort of) and the Democrats became moderates.

(I believe we can surmise that
George H. is not in full agreement on many of the aspects of the way the
Middle East has been handled from his book on his own experiences there.)

I think that GWB is a lot more like Reagan than either to GHB. Consider
how the Reagan administration botched up the deployment to Lebanon.

I believe the Democrat Party has not changed as much as the Republican
Party has in the last 15 years. I'd hazzard a guess that the Repubs are
far less recognizeable to their predecessors than the Dems are to theirs.

I think the big change to the Republican Party came between Nixon and
Reagan. John Anderson (remember him?) tried to keep the Republicans
in the middle but lost out. The Democrats have changed more slowly

FF