Conan the Librarian

Michael Burton wrote:

[snip of good info]

If anyone wants to see a big collection of mesquite stuff, come to
Fredericksburg, Texas October 8, 9, & 10 for the Texas Mesquite
Association's annual Spring Show and Sale. Lots of really nice mesquite
furniture and artwork will be there. Rough lumber will even be available. I
believe seven vendors will have lumber for sale and at least 72 with
furniture, art, gun stocks, etc. A blacksmith buddy and I will have three
booths there.

http://www.texasmesquiteassn.org/fall-fbg-2004.html

That's a fun show, for sure. I also got a bunch of good ideas for
various projects by browsing the booths. (Like this lamp:
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/meslamp02.jpg) While there is a fair
amount of kitschy stuff there, you find some real artisans. I also ran
across a guy who had a slab that was 8/4 by at least 24" and maybe 10'
long ... and almost totally clear! I've never seen a piece of mesquite
like that. It wasn't for sale, unless you wanted to pay him to make
something for you from it. :-)

So, Michael ... do you have any clear 12/4 stock? My stash is
almost gone, and I was hoping to get a clear piece to use for a wooden
plane body.

Chuck Vance (in Wimberley)