Doug Miller

In article , (Phil) wrote:
Seems as though sycamnore is prized by marquetry folks & inlay people
for it's very white & bland look. search the groups-- I think there
may be a marquetry or carving group that would have interest in your
wood. I have a steady supply from a friens whose sycamores shed limbs
from time to time. Pretty stuff white to gray.-- JMO

You may be thinking of something else, possibly holly. Flatsawn sycamore is
indeed bland, but it has a noticeable grain, and it's definitely not white.
The heartwood is a rich golden brown, and the sapwood is a light to medium
tan, somewhat darker than maple.

--
Regards,