Sunflower

"Sunflower" wrote in message
In a couple of weeks we are having a huge sycamore tree (platanus
occidentalis) removed that is buckling the foundation of our barn, and

also
at the same time a tulip poplar (lirodendron tulipfera) that is
aesthetically in the wrong spot. I'm wondering if any of the wood would

be
of use to woodworkers anywhere? I know it's not black walnut or cherry,

and
frankly, I just want the trees gone, but if the wood could be put to some
good use, I'd like to try to recycle it beyond just firewood and wood

chips
for the garden.

And, since I also know nothing about firewood either, I was wondering if
either wood was considered poor quality for burning, because if it can't

be
used for a woodworking project, I'd at least like to offer it to my

neighbor
across the street who heats with a woodburning stove. I'd hate to think
these two trees demise was not of some use to someone.

Sunflower in Mississippi

Ok, so both could be used for woodworking.

The sycamore is probably 60' and the tulip poplar is 30 at least. The
sycamore is multitrunked with 3 trunks of at least 24" diameter each. The
tulip poplar might be 18". The guys taking it down are just "tree guys" and
not lumber guys. and I don't know if there's a difference in the removal
methods or not. I'm not into woodworking, nor do I know of anyone else who
is. So, is there anyone in the Memphis metro area that would be interested
in the wood for a project? If not, how do you think I could find someone
local to me that would be able to use this? Fell date is the first weekend
in October, if the tree folks schedule stays together and the weather holds.

Thanks for the help to recycle guys!