Owain

Default Halogen Lighting in Bathroom

"IMM" wrote
| My local electical supply shop (Cambridge Discount Electrical) sells
| dimmable pull cords. I thought they were joking when they told me but
| its true. Could try giving them a call on 01223 248240. They should at
| least be able to tell you the make. They can be used with dimmable
| transformers.
| They are in that electrical catalogue, TNT or something.

TLC? TNT are the people who leave you a card saying "we tried several times
to deliver your parcel but you were not in" when they only rang the bell
once and ran away before you could get off the loo.

Pull cord dimmer
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLPCD51.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...er/Dimpull.htm

The product will operate in conjunction with GOOD QUALITY low voltage
transformers. The maximum load capacity of the Dimpull at 12 volts is 250W.
The minimum Load is 50W The maximum and minimum load of both the Dimpull and
the Transformer being used should be strictly observed. Where a Low Voltage
Transformer is used the LOAD cable should be connected to the SUPPLY - IN
terminal of the Transformer. Cable(s) from the 'LOAD - OUT' terminal of the
Transformer are then connected to the light fittings. All other instructions
set out above should also be observed. PLEASE NOTE: The use of inferior
quality transformers will cause the low voltage lamp(s) to 'Pulse' giving
unsatisfactory results.

Also says it is suitable for use with bathroom fans.

Owain