Parish

Default Internal fire doors / slamming ! & Shower problems

Mike Hall wrote:
(Nick) wrote in message om...

I also had a closer look at the door problem even letting the door go
from 1" from the closing position is enough to shake the frame - the
frame is connected to the light wooden frames behind the plasterboard
which tend to shake every wall they're connected to.
Is there any where to put nails, screws, or other bits of metal to
stop it doing that?

Cheers
Nick

You can always remove the screws from the closer on the frame side -
doesn't look too untidy, however does of course render their self
closingness useless!

Any reason why you can't replace it with a hydraulic door closer like
this http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=63715&ts=19582 ?

I have the same problem as the OP with the internal door through to the
garage and intend to fit one.

The only reason that builders use the concealed spring "Perko" closers
is 'coz they're cheap (£2-99 at Screwfix).

Parish

They *really* &£$$ed me off in our old flat!