Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Roonaldo wrote:
Does anyone have any advice as to a good medium-price-range saw to
invest in ? I have around $400 to spend but would like to get
something that will last me several years.

I don't believe there's anything out there that I'd want that costs $400 new.
If you're willing to go up to the $600 + range there are several saws that are
pretty nice.

On the assumption that that's a bit too stiff for you, I'd watch the ads for a
used saw. In my area, I see table saws fairly often for sale that would be
quite acceptable. There's a for-sale newsgroup that I follow that's very active
up in Raleigh (even though I live 3 hours away). I picked up a Porter Cable
round head framing gun from it a week or two ago.

Don't think of these things as "used". Consider them "field tested".

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com