tarquinlinbin

Default Gas meter test point

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:34:39 +0000, "Ed Sirett"
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:36:23 +0000, David Hearn wrote:

I'm trying to work out the current gas pressures in our house prior to
getting a new boiler (to make sure the current pipework is suitable).

Looking at Ed's FAQ, I should be able to put a manometer onto the meter and
find out the pressure there - however I can't see any such test points.
I've got an old governor on the input side of the meter and can't see any
test points on there. The meter is a reasonably new BTR Eurometers Ltd made
digital one. The output from the meter has a screw thing (about 5mm
diameter) on the output collar - though I don't want to unscrew that unless
I'm sure I know what it is.

That's it. The plug in the fitting has a suicidal wish to become lost -
you have been warned.

As Ed says,thats it!!,unscrew and refit it with a small
screwdriver,dont overtighten it or it may snap and/or leak and you may
be charged for a new meter if you damage it!!

joe