BigWallop

Default Internal fire doors / slamming ! & Shower problems

"Nick" wrote in message
m...
Thanks for the reply,

I had another look at the set-up last night:

Shower is on the same level as the boiler and is a direct feed from
the hot water (ie not electric).
There is no cold water tank in the loft - is it possible that a) I'm
blind, b) I need a stronger torch, or c) there's one to service
several of the flats?

This probably means that the mains supply isn't giving enough flow rate
(amount of water) into the flat and will need replaced with a larger
diameter pipe and a bit more pressure if possible. Contact your water
supply company for advice on this.

I also had a closer look at the door problem even letting the door go
from 1" from the closing position is enough to shake the frame - the
frame is connected to the light wooden frames behind the plasterboard
which tend to shake every wall they're connected to.
Is there any where to put nails, screws, or other bits of metal to
stop it doing that?

Cheers
Nick

It sounds as though you have a cheap and cheerful renovation or new build on
your hands. It might be possible for you to release some of the pressure on
the spring closer by extending the chain slightly by a couple of links. To
stop the whole partition wall from shaking is almost impossible unless
you're allowed to rebuild it in breese block, so I don't think you'll be
able to stop this at all. The only solution is remove the closers
completely, but this will probably violate your tenancy and the local
by-laws for fire safety. Not a good idea.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com