Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:00:18 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

In article ,
"Dan White" wrote:

Given the history of democrats gutting the military and republicans
building it back up again...

Strong in this one, the force of the Dark Side is. "

Luke, study the stats, Luke, study the stats."

Having lived through the 90's in the aerospace industry I can tell you
all about the "stats". Development funding and pocurement reduced such
that we lost between 25 and 33% of our workforce. Each new round of
layoffs had a new means of accomplishing them and new criteria -- yeah,
exciting times. The only segment of government that suffered from *real*
cuts (vs. the phony slowing the rate of growth is a cut "cuts") was the
defense department.