Ian Wheeler

I recently finished my bedside table project (Maple with Walnut trim).
Finished as follows:

Sand - 80 - 150 -220
SealCoat (to raise grain) - sand 220
WB poly (2 coats on body, 3 on top - both sides) - light sanding with 220
betwen coats.
Light sanding with 220, wet sand with 320 Wet/Dry paper.
Clear Butchers wax rubbed in with 0000 steel wool.
Buff out with old tee shirt.

I'm really happy with the finish this produced - I was not going for a high
gloss french polish look and didn't get it - the finish is more subdued,
like a satin finish.

To get a high gloss you'll need to use the automotive compounds MikeG
suggests. Working up though the steel wools is a good idea, but I only had
0000.

Unfortunately, my wife spilt nail polish remover on one of the tops (she
wiped in up immediately) - looks like the damage is superficial, I'm hoping
steel wool and wax will bring the finish back.

Ian
"Jeff" wrote in message
om...
I would like to fine sand the finish and then polish and buff
the finish. What size grit sand paper should be started and
what componds to finish the job?
thanks