Neil Jones

Default Kitchen Lights help please

"Colin" wrote in message
I found this quote rather amusing, "I think the wife/children would

object
to switching lights on/off all day long."
Do they cope with flushing the toilet or have you arranged for that

continuously flush?

Good idea! I am forever flushing the toilets for the children.

Have you thought about a Reliance Senselec IR WC control?

http://www.rwc.co.uk/rwc/products/ov....htm#sense250f

The problem with the lights is that not all the children can reach the

light
switches.

Could they be lowered? My 19-month old daughter can *almost* reach the
light switches in my parents house - built in 2002 to the new
accessability regulations.

Also the kitchen is a thoroughfare between other rooms (it has 8
doors leading from it).

But presumably you don't need full lighting to go through the kitchen en
route from one room to another?

I suppose a PIR type of switch would be possible - we have them in

the
offices where I work. They dim the lights out after about 20 mins of

no
movement.

I was wondering about a PIR. Perhaps driving some small lights on the
skirting and with a 10-20 minute timeout. (Oh no not more lights!)

Maybe you could contact Boeing and ask who supplies their floor level
emergency lighting strips - sounds similar...

Neil