Dave Plowman

Default NICD vs NIMH batteries

In article ,
wrote:
I have a portable CD player which specifies using either alkaline or
rechargeable NICD batteries .

Should it be acceptable to use NIMH also?

It will work ok on them as they are very similar to Ni-Cad.

I am wondering whether the charging rates are so different for the two
rechargeable types that the NIMH, or the charging circuit, might be
damaged.

The charging systems are different. You could charge them using an
external charger, though, and simply swop them.

High capacity Ni-Cads aren't that much behind standard NiMH, and are
slightly cheaper. They also have a longer service life if charged
correctly.

--
*I used up all my sick days so I called in dead

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn