Todd Fatheree

Not only is is "normal", apparently no other sitting president has ever done
a tailhook landing on a carrier. But what fun is there in riding in a
helicopter? What kind of pansy, given the choice to fly in a helicopter of
a jet fighter, opts for helo? FWIW, the Navy said it was more comfortable
with a jet landing as it afforded the opportunity to eject in case of a
problem. Personally, it wouldn't matter either way to me. I'll even
stipulate that it was partly political. Even so, so what? Any president is
a politician, so it's not surprising that some of what they do is political.

todd

"Renata" wrote in message
I believe that a helicopter rather than a fighter jet is the "normal"
means of transportation in this sort of case.

Renata