Dan White

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:51:04 -0700, PJMalone wrote:
Two cents worth from a lurker:
Kerry may well NOT be the best person for the job. But Bush is the

worst
thing to happen to DC since the British burned it in the War of 1812.

Kerry
could hardly worse.

I disagree profoundly with Kerry on several issues that are important to
me, so I'll be voting against him.

Actually, the worst thing to happen to DC since the British burned it in the
War of 1812 is the ramming of a commercial airplane into the pentagon. The
problem with many people who don't like Bush is that they seem to forget
what we are up against. 1000 deaths in the military including traffic
accidents? That's GREAT! It is unbelieveable how low that number is. I'd
have to look it up, but I think the military loses something like 350 every
year in peace time just due to accidents. So take maybe 500 off that 1000.
For those who don't think we should have lost any, you are really just
saying that we shouldn't be fighting at all. Look at past wars and we lose
far more than that in one battle.

dwhite