Dave Hinz

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 02:01:03 +0100, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 12 Sep 2004 02:07:06 -0700, (VK) wrote:

We have a total of seven connections.

Unless you live in a real server bunker, I don't see your "seven
connections" as especially reliable. Where do they run? To the same
telegraph pole ? Down the same garden path? It's still exposed to
these same single point failures.

Well, he's got hotmail, and 6 "AOL Free 1000 Hours" CDs, so he's set.
Cut the guy some slack, he's clearly thought this through.

There are 4 computers and a WebTV on the property.

Not to mention that confidence-inspiring hotmail address.

Yup. Hell, I've got more computers than that in my workshop.

What sort of UPS capacity do you have on the house ? And if you did
lose power / gain a plumbing flood, would you still be interested in
mod duties ?

Prediction: If by some random chance this actually passes, it'll wither
and die just like every other "I want a moderated group because I can"
group.

Co-resident moderators just aren't distinguishable moderators from a
reliability viewpoint, even if they are from the volume aspect.

....and when he gets bored with it, it'll just die, taking up namespace.
Seen it happen for more than a dozen years, over and over and over.