Dave Hinz

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:51:04 -0700, PJMalone wrote:
Two cents worth from a lurker:

The whole Swift Boat/National Guard stuff is a distraction. There are far
more important issues than things that happened thirty years ago.

Yes, you're right, there are more important things. Like voting record
and attendance at meetings one is supposed to be at, for instance,
which is why I have a huge problem with Kerry.

The
question really should be "what kind of America do you want to have"?

Indeed.

Do we want a president who thinks its okay to lock up people, including
American citizens, simply on his say-so?

Let's see. If you're fighting against our army, not in uniform, then
you aren't an enemy soldier, you're someone pretending to be a
civilian but you aren't. Hm, what could _possibly_ go wrong with that?

No charges placed, no access to
council or even to family members, no trial, and no release date other than
"when the war against terror" is over? Whatever happened to the US
Constitution?

Doesn't apply; when you join the enemy, you forfeit that, don't you.

Kerry may well NOT be the best person for the job. But Bush is the worst
thing to happen to DC since the British burned it in the War of 1812. Kerry
could hardly worse.

I disagree profoundly with Kerry on several issues that are important to
me, so I'll be voting against him. Seeing how he lied about the Assault
Weapons Ban, equating them to machine guns (they're not) and saying that
lifting the ban on cosmetic features such as bayonet lugs and flash
surpressors makes Americans more at danger from Terrorists (what an absurd
thing to say, yet he said it)... He's another slicky-boy politician who
can't tell the truth about anything. I don't trust him any more than
I trusted Clinton, they're both cut from the same cloth. Then the guy
misses what, 70%? 80%? of his senate obligations, and he wants a
freaking promotion?

I don't think so.