Lenny

On 6 Sep 2004 07:45:05 -0700, (Sathyan Sundaram)
wrote:

Please recommend a few cordless drill/drivers to try out? Right now I
have a Skil 6265 (5 Amp corded) but would like to get a cordless for
outdoor use and where an outlet is not convenient.

I'd like to buy something from DeWalt, Porter Cable, etc. or
equivalent. Under $200. For woodworking, decks, household repairs.
3/8" variable speed.

thanks
Sathyan

Have had two Makita's over the years.... replaced them with a Dewalt
14.4 that now is suffering from tired batteries. It's been a workhorse
though and given me good service. That said I will give serious
consideration to the Panasonic 15.6 (?) ... a co-worker has one and
it's a nice unit. I find most of the 18 volts are too bulky for my
needs. The Panasonic offers a bit of an upgrade (over my Dewalt 14.4)
but in a very compact package. Whatever you decide, make sure you go
somewhere where you can handle 'em for yourself and see what feels
right for you.
Good Luck
Lenny