bob

Oh, so many ideas. Thanks, guys. Yes, I am blessed with some space - 750
sq ft. I planned it that way when we built the house. I think the first
thing is to clean it up and put the dado set on it and see what it can do.
I forgot to mention that the saw has no side wings on it, so I'd have to do
something there to have a more stable working area. I have an 8" sanding
station that my Dad also built and gave to me, so I don't need the table saw
for that. The router table - very interesting. I have been wanting to
build one. Maybe I better go drink an adult beverage and think about this
some.

thanks again for the ideas....

Bob

"bob" wrote in message
My Dad recently gave me his 10" table saw. It is a 1950's vintage
Craftsman, actually well built with a good, gear driven fence. It has had

hard life - I disassembled lawn mower engines on it when I was a kid, and

don't think my Dad ever cleaned the gook out of the trunnion area. But, a
good cleaning up with take care of that. He even built a rolling cabinet
under it that doubles as a dust collector.

Anyway, I have a Jet 10" contractors saw. And I was thinking, what
operation could I set up the Craftsman for that would save me time so I am
not swapping out blades, etc... on the Jet. Dadoing comes to mind, but I
don't think the Craftsman is up to that task. What else would you all
recommend for a dedicated unit?

Thanks,

Bob