RKG

I used to have 2 tablesaws - well the 2nd one wasn't much one of those Ryobi
things you could pick up and carry with one hand. My first saw because I
was just getting into woodworking a couple years ago and didn't know any
better. This thread kind of makes me wish I hadn't given it to my son in
law. With some of the ideas here I probably could have made use of it, and
no I don't have a big shop just a 25' by 25' basement room but at least I
have outside access.

Rick

"bob" wrote in message
My Dad recently gave me his 10" table saw. It is a 1950's vintage
Craftsman, actually well built with a good, gear driven fence. It has had

hard life - I disassembled lawn mower engines on it when I was a kid, and

don't think my Dad ever cleaned the gook out of the trunnion area. But, a
good cleaning up with take care of that. He even built a rolling cabinet
under it that doubles as a dust collector.

Anyway, I have a Jet 10" contractors saw. And I was thinking, what
operation could I set up the Craftsman for that would save me time so I am
not swapping out blades, etc... on the Jet. Dadoing comes to mind, but I
don't think the Craftsman is up to that task. What else would you all
recommend for a dedicated unit?

Thanks,

Bob