Wilson

Don't listen to those guys...give ot to me.
I have two C'men and both work well. I have that fence and it's OK if you
push it up against the rail after setting...usually takes me two tries. No
Prob for the few small rips I do on it. I do the big rips on a RAS...much
easier and safer!

Anyhow, the crosscut advice is right on. I have an 80 tooth crosscut blade
on one and a rip blade on the other. It saves me gobs of time, especially
since I never plan cuts in any reasonable order. I can leave a rip set,
like for rail/stile/face frame stock and do the crosscuts as needed, going
back to rip more if I mess something up or change my design.

Both my old C'men asr as straight as can be and run fine. I could use a
little more power for ripping big stuff, but rarely need it. I have link
belts on them, with original pulleys. I would not trade both for a "better"
saw! I even use the original trashy splitters and guards.

BTW, I do all dados on the RAS...MUCH easier and doesn't make me take the TS
blade off. This setup has remained unchanged for several years. It looks
like the Freud blades will last forever, if I don't hit nails.

If you do some careful setup and have a straight floor, you can set the two
TS to be table extensions for each other.

Someday I may try a HArbor Freight motor of 2HP or so on the ripper.

Wilson

"bob" wrote in message
My Dad recently gave me his 10" table saw. It is a 1950's vintage
Craftsman, actually well built with a good, gear driven fence. It has had

hard life - I disassembled lawn mower engines on it when I was a kid, and

don't think my Dad ever cleaned the gook out of the trunnion area. But, a
good cleaning up with take care of that. He even built a rolling cabinet
under it that doubles as a dust collector.

Anyway, I have a Jet 10" contractors saw. And I was thinking, what
operation could I set up the Craftsman for that would save me time so I am
not swapping out blades, etc... on the Jet. Dadoing comes to mind, but I
don't think the Craftsman is up to that task. What else would you all
recommend for a dedicated unit?

Thanks,

Bob