SwampBug

the round plate would have to have a key/pin to stop counter torque. I =
would not use a round plate. s

--=20
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Wilson" wrote in message =
news Budget? why not make it out of a scrap of plexiglass or Lexan, maybe =
from a
window shop.
Anything 3/16 or more should be fine. Of course you could use aluminum =
if
you can work it. A hacksaw blade in a sabre saw would cut it, as would =
handsaw. You can rout out the table with a small guide at the center of =
the
hole. Rout a groove, then use a sabre saw to take out the center and =
leave
the shoulder. There's no saying the plate can't be circular, so how =
about
using a small wood disk as the pattern? Tack it in place and rout =
around it
with a straight bit. Use two disks of different size to make the groove
wider, if you don't have a large bit.
Wilson
"Joe C" wrote in message
m...
I'm going to begin building my ultimate router table and am looking =

for
recommendations, warnings, deals, etc... on router table inserts. I'm =

on
budget (who isn't?) so, much as I'd like to, I can't put one of those

fancy,
above-table, height adjustment mech's in, but recommendations on a =

plate
would be appreciated.

TIA

oh, by the way, this is for my brand spanking new Hitachi 3 1/4 EVS =

plunge
routah (neener) which replaced my new boat anchor nee crapsman router.

Joe C.