Wilson

Budget? why not make it out of a scrap of plexiglass or Lexan, maybe from a
window shop.
Anything 3/16 or more should be fine. Of course you could use aluminum if
you can work it. A hacksaw blade in a sabre saw would cut it, as would a
handsaw. You can rout out the table with a small guide at the center of the
hole. Rout a groove, then use a sabre saw to take out the center and leave
the shoulder. There's no saying the plate can't be circular, so how about
using a small wood disk as the pattern? Tack it in place and rout around it
with a straight bit. Use two disks of different size to make the groove
wider, if you don't have a large bit.
Wilson
"Joe C" wrote in message
m...
I'm going to begin building my ultimate router table and am looking for
recommendations, warnings, deals, etc... on router table inserts. I'm on

budget (who isn't?) so, much as I'd like to, I can't put one of those

fancy,
above-table, height adjustment mech's in, but recommendations on a plate
would be appreciated.

TIA

oh, by the way, this is for my brand spanking new Hitachi 3 1/4 EVS plunge
routah (neener) which replaced my new boat anchor nee crapsman router.

Joe C.