Andy Dingley

Default What's wrong with this sawblade ?

http://codesmiths.com/dingbat/photos/sawblade.jpg

Friend of mine showed me this at the weekend. It's a 7 1/2" CMT thin
kerf sawblade, used once in a Hitachi C78U. Both of these are pretty
decent kit and shouldn't be causing problems.

As reported, the blade was used once for sawing some MDF (and it was
in the right way round). The cut wandered and so my friend was trying
to steer it back into line. Sideways rubbing led to the overheating
you can see, which is hardly surprising on a thin kerf blade.

But why should the overheating be confined to two opposed spots,
rather than a ring ? Is there some mounting-induced warp that I've
not noticed ? Runout (by eye) seems negligible.