John Emmons

A little bit off topic but did you just buy a new thesaurus there Tom....?
;^)

John Emmons

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On 14 Sep 2004 00:31:35 GMT, Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

Tom Watson wrote in
:

Is it not interesting that his RFD was posted so as to have responses
sent only to the hierarchy, without reference to the Wreck?

That was not the proponent's choice. That is the standard format. RFDs

are
posted to all groups in the distribution list, but the follow-ups are
REQUIRED to be set to news.groups only.

When the Rationale is such as to constitute an attack on the general
conditions of an existing entity, it would seem simple courtesy, in my
view, to post, in parallel, a message that allows personal response.

I've little interest in the technical considerations surrounding the
establishment of a newsgroup - I am stupefied by the fact that this
person, who has so little history with the Wreck, would seek to
appropriate its norm de guerre.

If what we are is so much anathema to him, why not differentiate his
proposed group via nomenclature, rather than seek to borrow that which
is not his, by either participation or consanguinity.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)