Woodchuck Bill

Tom Watson wrote in
:

I've little interest in the technical considerations surrounding the
establishment of a newsgroup - I am stupefied by the fact that this
person, who has so little history with the Wreck, would seek to
appropriate its norm de guerre.

He actually had no choice other than to obey the norm. Proponents submit
RFDs by e-mail to the NAN moderator. It is the NAN moderator who posts the
RFD, and sets the follow-ups to news.groups. That's another reason why the
proponent's name on the RFD's from header says "Vito Kuhn", but his direct
posts to the newsgroup say "VK".

Like I said, Tom, I haven't made up my mind on this proposal. I know for
sure that I will not be voting "yes", because I have no desire to read any
moderated group..especially a moderated woodworking group, when we already
have a great WW group right here.

--
Bill