Edwin Pawlowski

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
And it speaks volumes for what has become of our society that one can be
arrested for taking trash from the dump.

Some dumps and transfer stations have a place to set aside the still working
stuff for others to take. Others, though, sell the scrap metal and feel that
you are stealing from them.

Seems to me that salvaging stuff is a good way to go. I know of a fellow
that made a few bucks by taking lawn mowers and repairing them. He'd sell
them for $25 to $50 or so and keep them from filling up the big hole in the
ground.

Logic and municipal laws have nothing in common.